Illawarra Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Illawarra?
The Illawarra region in New South Wales, Australia is a stunningly beautiful region that is filled with natural treasures, charming towns and a rich cultural heritage. If you're planning a trip to this region sometime soon, we've got some recommendations for tourist attractions that you wouldn't want to miss.
Illawarra's natural beauty will leave you awestruck! With its rugged cliffs, mesmerizing waterfalls and pristine beaches, the region is a nature lover's paradise. Here are some must-visit natural attractions.
1. Kiama Blowhole – Nature puts on a spectacular display at the Kiama Blowhole. The blowhole is a natural rock formation that shoots water up to 25 meters into the air. The attraction is free, and it's a popular spot for both locals and tourists.
2. Minnamurra Rainforest – The Minnamurra Rainforest is a lush, green paradise that is home to over 200 species of plants and animals. The rainforest offers several walking tracks, including the Rainforest Loop and the Falls Walk.
3. Jamberoo Action Park – The park has an array of water-based attractions, including a lazy river, wave pool, and waterslides. It's the perfect place for families to cool off on a hot day.
Illawarra is steeped in a rich cultural heritage. From museums to art galleries, there is a wealth of attractions that celebrate the region's history and cultural traditions.
1. Wollongong Art Gallery – The Wollongong Art Gallery is home to one of Australia's most exceptional collections of contemporary art. It hosts a range of temporary and permanent exhibitions throughout the year.
2. Nan Tien Temple – A majestic temple, the Nan Tien Temple, is the largest Buddhist temple in the southern hemisphere. Visitors can explore the temple's grounds and take part in meditation sessions and workshops.
3. Illawarra Light Railway Museum – The museum is a treasure trove of railway memorabilia and vintage rolling stock. Visitors can climb aboard a train and experience what it was like to travel by train a century ago.
Illawarra is home to a rich history, and its historical attractions are a testament to the people who have lived and worked in the region throughout the centuries.
1. The Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures– The Illawarra Fly offers stunning views of the surrounding bush landscape. The attraction is home to a treetop walkway, a zipline, and a cafe.
2. The Illawarra Museum – The museum celebrates Illawarra's history with an extensive collection of local artefacts, photographs, and memorabilia. Visitors can explore the museum's exhibits to learn about the region's past.
3. The Historical Aircraft Restoration Society– The Historical Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) houses an impressive collection of vintage aircraft, including the famous 'Connie' Lockheed Super Constellation. Visitors can take a tour of the collection and even take a flight on one of the aircraft.
Illawarra is a truly remarkable region that offers something for everyone, no matter whether you're a nature lover, history buff or art enthusiast. Hopefully, our guide has given you some inspiration for your next trip to the region. These attractions are sure to create unforgettable memories that you'll cherish for a lifetime.
Kiama Blowhole: 02 4232 3322
Minnamurra Rainforest: 02 4224 4188
Jamberoo Action Park: 02 4236 0114
Wollongong Art Gallery: 02 4227 8500
Nan Tien Temple: 02 4272 0600
Illawarra Light Railway Museum: 02 4256 4627
Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures: 1300 362 881
Illawarra Museum: 02 4228 7770
The Historical Aircraft Restoration Society: 02 4257 4333
Illawarra Tourism Articles