Illawarra Local Services
Illawarra ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Illawarra site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Illawarra Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Illawarra When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Illawarra Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Illawarra Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Illawarra ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Illawarra and a Place to Meet
The illawarra.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Illawarra
Illawarra is a region in New South Wales, Australia, located approximately 80 kilometers south of Sydney. Here are some interesting facts about this coastal region:
1. The word "Illawarra" is derived from an Aboriginal word, "allowrie," which means "high place near the sea."
2. The region is known for its spectacular beaches, including Wollongong Beach, Kiama Beach, and Shellharbour Beach.
3. Illawarra is home to the Nan Tien Temple, the largest Buddhist temple in the Southern Hemisphere. It is open to visitors of all religions and offers tours, meditation classes, and vegetarian meals.
4. The region has a strong history of coal mining, with several mines in operation throughout the 19th and 20th centuries. Today, the area's economy is fueled by a mix of industries, including healthcare, education, tourism, and manufacturing.
5. Illawarra is also known for its natural beauty, with several national parks and nature reserves in the area. Visitors can enjoy hiking, birdwatching, and picnicking in places like the Illawarra Escarpment State Conservation Area and the Budderoo National Park.
6. The Illawarra Hawks are a professional basketball team based in Wollongong. The team competes in the National Basketball League and has a loyal following among locals.
7. The region is home to several annual events and festivals, including the Illawarra Folk Festival, the Kiama Jazz and Blues Festival, and the Wollongong Fringe Festival. These events showcase the region's arts and culture scene and draw visitors from all over the country.
8. Illawarra has a rich maritime history, with several lighthouses and ports in the area. Visitors can learn about the region's seafaring past at the Wollongong City Gallery and Museum or by visiting the historic lighthouse at Kiama.
9. The Illawarra region is home to a unique species of tree, the Illawarra Flame Tree. These trees produce bright red flowers in late spring and early summer and are a popular sight among locals and visitors alike.
10. Finally, Illawarra is known for its friendly and welcoming community. The region has a strong sense of community spirit and is beloved by locals for its laid-back lifestyle, beautiful scenery, and close proximity to both the city and the beach.