Illawarra Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Illawarra Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing illawarra.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Illawarra for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Illawarra?
Illawarra Galleries and Museums
Galleries, museums, and historical venues are a great way to explore the art, culture, and history of a region. Illawarra, located in the region of New South Wales, Australia, is home to several interesting places for visitors to discover.
1. Wollongong Art Gallery: The Wollongong Art Gallery is a leading regional art museum, showcasing Australian and international art. It features a permanent collection of over 3000 works of art, including paintings, sculptures, and contemporary pieces. The gallery also hosts temporary exhibitions and events throughout the year. Location: 46 Burelli St, Wollongong.
2. Gallery Lane Cove + Creative Studios: Gallery Lane Cove + Creative Studios is a not-for-profit art gallery that supports emerging and established artists by providing a space to showcase their work. The gallery also offers creative workshops, classes, and events. Location: Upper Level, 164 Longueville Rd, Lane Cove.
3. Project Contemporary Artspace: Project Contemporary Artspace is a contemporary art gallery that features exhibitions from local and international artists who are exploring new and innovative approaches to art. The gallery also offers artist talks, workshops, and events. Location: 255 Keira St, Wollongong.
1. Illawarra Museum: The Illawarra Museum is a small community museum showcasing the history and heritage of the Illawarra region. It features exhibits on local industries, including coal mining and steel production, as well as displays on the early settlers and Indigenous culture. Location: 11 Market St, Wollongong.
2. The Australian Motorlife Museum: The Australian Motorlife Museum is a transport museum that features a collection of cars, motorcycles, and other vehicles from the 1920s to the 1970s. The museum also has a display of motoring memorabilia, including petrol bowsers and road signs. Location: 94 Darkes Rd, Kembla Grange.
3. Historical Aircraft Restoration Society: The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) is a museum dedicated to preserving aircraft from Australia's aviation history. It features a collection of aircraft, including a Lockheed Super Constellation, a Qantas Boeing 747, and a Caribou transport plane. The museum also offers guided tours and flight simulator experiences. Location: Illawarra Regional Airport, Albion Park Rail.
1. Nan Tien Temple: Nan Tien Temple is a Buddhist temple located in the suburb of Berkeley. It is the largest Buddhist temple in the Southern Hemisphere and features traditional Chinese architecture and gardens. Visitors can explore the temple complex, attend meditation sessions, and enjoy vegetarian meals at the onsite restaurant. Location: 180 Berkeley Rd, Berkeley.
2. Wollongong Head Lighthouse: The Wollongong Head Lighthouse is a historic lighthouse that has been guiding ships in and out of the Port of Wollongong since 1871. Visitors can climb to the top of the lighthouse for panoramic views of the coastline and the ocean. Location: Belmore Basin, Wollongong.
3. Jamberoo Abbey: Jamberoo Abbey is a monastery of Benedictine nuns located in the village of Jamberoo. The abbey features a chapel, a gift shop, and a guesthouse where visitors can stay overnight and experience the peaceful surroundings of the monastery. Location: 695 Jamberoo Mountain Rd, Jamberoo.
Illawarra is a region with many interesting galleries, museums, and historical venues. Visitors can explore the art, culture, and history of the region by visiting these sites and experiencing everything they have to offer.
Illawarra Galleries and Museums Articles